Overseas Brokers manages global freight and logistics services for furniture manufacturers, dealers, interior designers, real estate developers, architectural firms, purchasing agents for commercial facilities and residential projects, as well as private buyers. We offer global supply chain management for both export and import of furniture products, from factory through completion of installation, as well as reverse logistics for returns and warranty issues.
Transporting furniture around the world requires specialized experience in packing and handling furniture to prevent damages, as well as a global network of qualified furniture handlers. With over 25 years of experience in the furniture and international transportation industry, we are uniquely qualified to advise clients on streamlining their supply chain and executing global delivery and installation.
Our services include:
- Project management
- Freight consolidation from multiple vendors
- Packing and crating
- Ocean/air/inland freight to any worldwide destination
- Letter of credit banking and customs document preparation
- Customs clearance
- Delivery and installation
- Unpacking and removal of debris
- Assembly of KD furniture
- Domestic and overseas storage
- Warranty services
- Reverse logistics
Select your industry sector below for more detailed information about our services for your industry:
Following are more details about the steps involved and the scope of our services:
- Freight forwarding including air, ocean and overseas surface transport
- Advance information and fulfillment of special requirements for import into each country such as import licenses, SGS inspection and consular legalization wherever required
- International project management from port of departure through completion of installation. Overseas Brokers manages the process of overseas site surveys, attendance at site meetings, critical dimensions, inventory control during consolidation, coordination of international shipments, customs clearance, delivery and installation, door to door insurance, warranty repairs, storage and reconfiguration
- Pricing duties and all applicable taxes, quoting shipping and installation costs, preparing documents for customs and executing shipment, delivery and installation
- Letter of credit banking. L/C review, consultation, banking, and document preparation
- Freight consolidation at all ports, with consolidation of product from manufacturers. The end user may utilize Overseas Brokers’ services for other products to be shipped for the project, such as carpeting, computers, kitchen equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Customs brokerage worldwide
- Foreign delivery and installation
- Post-installation service including warranty repair or replacement of broken parts, storage and relocation services
- Insurance from Door-Door, as well as claims processing
Member of IFTLC (International Furniture Transportation and Logistics Council).