End to end supply chain management from factory through overseas delivery & installation
Overseas Brokers is a global freight and logistics provider, specialized in the office furniture industry. We manage global supply chain logistics for exporters and importers of office furniture and related products, from factory through completion of installation and post-installation services. We offer turn-key project services including packing, global shipping, customs clearance, delivery and installation of office furniture and office related products worldwide.
Our services include:
- project management
- freight consolidation from multiple manufacturers
- packing and crating
- ocean/air/inland freight to any worldwide destination
- letter of credit banking and customs document preparation
- customs clearance
- D&I (delivery and installation)
- unpacking & removal of debris
- Installation and assembly of workstations, private offices, trading desks, conference tables, meeting tables, reception desks, case goods, shelving systems, files, racks, high density filing, storage cabinets, seating, architectural walls, glass partitions and millwork
- domestic and overseas storage
- day 2 services
- warranty services
Global supply chain logistics for the office furniture industry
We offer the following customized services to the furniture industry:
manufacturer logistics services
Overseas Brokers provides end to end supply chain management for manufacturers of office furniture and trading desks such as Kimball Office, Innovant, LaCour and others. Some manufacturers make direct sales to end users, while others assign projects to their US dealers who manage multi-national accounts. We service manufacturers as well dealers and the interior design community. Vendors can make direct sales to clients overseas, or via US dealers or designers, without having a local dealer or importer registration in the destination country. They use our service to ship internationally, clear customs, secure import permits, process duty and tax payments, provide insurance and risk management services, deliver and install. We quote pricing for all these services as well as the duty and taxes in advance. The vendor can quote and collect for delivered and installed product anywhere in the world including the duty and taxes.
Manufacturers are not required to distribute their products through a foreign dealer, nor do they need to act as importer in the destination country when using our fulfillment system. We offer turn-key services for the full process from factory through import and completion of installation. Our local installers perform warranty services as well. Returned goods or warranty replacements are handled through the same fulfillment system.
We look forward to adding new manufacturers to the list of clients who outsource their global fulfillment system to us in lieu of establishing relationships with dealers in every market.
dealer logistics services
Overseas Brokers designs and implements customized logistics solutions for dealers of office furniture servicing US based companies opening facilities overseas as well as international clients. By coordinating our efforts during the bidding process, you can improve your chances of being awarded overseas projects. We will assist you in preparing your proposal to the buyer by informing you in advance of duties, taxes and import regulations as well as pricing shipping, D&I and insurance. Our local logistics partner in the destination country will provide site surveys, critical dimensions, and attend project meetings throughout the bid and execution process. This enhances your credibility with the buyer by offering the expertise needed to provide a turn-key export package and a local point of contact for coordination. By taking a proactive role during the sales process, we are able to give the buyer the confidence that the entire team can perform reliably in the destination country, even if neither the dealer nor the manufacturer has a local representative or experience in that country.
We also provide import services for products from Europe and Asia from the factories direct to your installer’s warehouse or client site, including all import documentation and customs clearance.
We look forward to adding new dealers to the list of clients who outsource their global fulfillment operations to us rather than partnering and sharing profits with foreign dealers in every market.
interior designer logistics services
Interior designers typically order products for their clients from multiple sources and manufacturers. Overseas Brokers consolidates products by region and arranges for cost effective import or export shipping by grouping multiple products from any region, whether in the US, Europe or Asia, at designated regional consolidation warehouses. We provide packing, inland, ocean and air freight services, customs clearance, delivery & installation, and day 2 services.
We look forward to adding additional interior designers to the list of clients who use our services to consolidate global supply of the products they source for their clients. Greater savings and control are achieved by consolidating this process through our 3PL (third party logistics) services, compared to relying on each vendor to ship and deliver each product separately.
end-user logistics services
Multi-national corporations often make direct purchases of furniture and other products ex-factory and prefer to maintain control of the costs and logistics of international shipping, delivery and installation. Overseas Brokers consolidates and manages the shipping, customs formalities and delivery process for all products for the office including furniture, carpeting, architectural walls, computers, art work and office supplies. By managing this process directly through Overseas Brokers, the end-user achieves greater savings and efficiency in coordinating import or export, delivery and installation of all elements required to fit out their office space.
international project management
International project management requires a great deal of attention to detail to coordinate shipment of products from multiple vendors from point of origin through completion of overseas installation. Overseas Brokers will make a local representative available in the foreign country during the bid process and throughout project meetings after the job is awarded. We provide product inventory documentation while freight is being delivered to the consolidating warehouse at port of departure, as well as management of overseas shipment, customs clearance, D&I, insurance and warranty services, storage and reconfigurations after project completion, all under one roof. Centralized project management enhances efficiency and maintains accountability by keeping all these functions under single responsibility.
Office relocation requires expertise in furniture de-installation and re-installation, shipping, customs requirements, and packing and moving services from existing facilities. As a member of IFTLC (International Furniture Transportation and Logistics Council), OFDA (Office Furniture Distribution Association), IAM (International Association of Movers), and as an NVOCC (Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier), Overseas Brokers combines all the experience and expertise needed to ensure a smooth office relocation process. In addition to knocking down, shipping and re-installing furniture anywhere in the world, we also provide packing and transport of contents such as archives, files, records, computers, art work, signage and even personal belongings.
Following are more details about the steps involved and the scope of our services:
- Freight forwarding including air, ocean and overseas surface transport
- Advance information and fulfillment of special requirements for import into each country such as import licenses, pre-shipment inspection by all government approved inspection services and consular legalization wherever required.
- International project management from point of origin through completion of installation. Overseas Brokers manages the process of overseas site surveys, attendance at site meetings, critical dimensions, floor marking, inventory control during consolidation, coordination of international shipments, customs clearance, D&I, door to door insurance, warranty repairs, storage and reconfiguration
- Pricing duties and all applicable taxes, quoting shipping and installation costs, preparing documents for customs and executing shipment, delivery & installation
- Letter of credit banking. L/C review, consultation, banking, and document preparation
- Freight consolidation at all ports, with consolidation of product from multiple manufacturers. The end-user may utilize Overseas Brokers’ services for other products to be shipped for the project, such as carpeting, computers, kitchen equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Customs brokerage worldwide
- Foreign delivery & installation managed by US, European, Asian and Australian based installation foremen
- Post-installation service including warranty repair or replacement of broken parts, Day 2 services, reconfiguration, storage and relocation services.
- Insurance from Door-Door, as well as claims processing
Products we have shipped and installed include Kimball, Knoll, Steelcase, Vitra, Herman Miller, Geiger, Teknion, HNI, Bernhardt, National, Innovant, LaCour, Woodtronics, HBF, OFS, KI, JOFCO, Global, Gordon, Gunlocke, Haworth, Baker, Council, Brayton, Bright, B&B Italia, COR, Fritz Hansen, Avenue Road, Bene, Donghia, Egan, Fireking, Humanscale, Meridian, Metro, Milliken, Nienkamper, Office Specialty, Paoli, Peter Pepper, Prismatique, Tuohy, Vecta, Allsteel, HON, Arnold, Davis, Keilhauer, DFM, Patella, Datesweiser, and many other manufacturers & millworkers.
For more information about our Installation Services click here
Global logistics providers for Kimball Office, Innovant and LaCour.
We are members of the following trade organizations: