Office Furniture Shipping & Installation
End to end supply chain management from factory through overseas delivery & installation
Overseas Brokers is a global freight and logistics provider, specialized in the office furniture industry. We manage global supply chain logistics for exporters and importers of office furniture and related products, from factory through completion of installation and post-installation services. We offer turn-key project services including packing, global shipping, customs clearance, delivery and installation of office furniture and office related products worldwide.
Our services include:
- project management
- freight consolidation from multiple manufacturers
- packing and crating
- ocean/air/inland freight to any worldwide destination
- letter of credit banking and customs document preparation
- customs clearance
- D&I (delivery and installation)
- unpacking & removal of debris
- Installation and assembly of workstations, private offices, trading desks, conference tables, meeting tables, reception desks, case goods, shelving systems, files, racks, high density filing, storage cabinets, seating, architectural walls, glass partitions and millwork
- domestic and overseas storage
- day 2 services
- warranty services
Global supply chain logistics for the office furniture industry
We offer the following customized services to the furniture industry:
Following are more details about the steps involved and the scope of our services:
- Advance information and fulfillment of special requirements for import into each country such as import licenses, pre-shipment inspection by all government approved inspection services and consular legalization wherever required.
- International project management from point of origin through completion of installation. Overseas Brokers manages the process of overseas site surveys, attendance at site meetings, critical dimensions, floor marking, inventory control during consolidation, coordination of international shipments, customs clearance, D&I, door to door insurance, warranty repairs, storage and reconfiguration
- Pricing duties and all applicable taxes, quoting shipping and installation costs, preparing documents for customs and executing shipment, delivery & installation
- Letter of credit banking. L/C review, consultation, banking, and document preparation
- Freight consolidation at all ports, with consolidation of product from multiple manufacturers. The end-user may utilize Overseas Brokers’ services for other products to be shipped for the project, such as carpeting, computers, kitchen equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Customs brokerage worldwide
- Foreign delivery & installation managed by US, European, Asian and Australian based installation foremen
- Post-installation service including warranty repair or replacement of broken parts, Day 2 services, reconfiguration, storage and relocation services.
- Insurance from Door-Door, as well as claims processing
Products we have shipped and installed include Kimball, Knoll, Steelcase, Vitra, Herman Miller, Geiger, Teknion, HNI, Bernhardt, National, Innovant, LaCour, Woodtronics, HBF, OFS, KI, JOFCO, Global, Gordon, Gunlocke, Haworth, Baker, Council, Brayton, Bright, B&B Italia, COR, Fritz Hansen, Avenue Road, Bene, Donghia, Egan, Fireking, Humanscale, Meridian, Metro, Milliken, Nienkamper, Office Specialty, Paoli, Peter Pepper, Prismatique, Tuohy, Vecta, Allsteel, HON, Arnold, Davis, Keilhauer, DFM, Patella, Datesweiser, and many other manufacturers & millworkers.
Global logistics providers for Kimball Office, Innovant and LaCour.
We are members of the following trade organizations: